knittedstudent

Now what?

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Why?

I have no idea why I didn't get shin splints until now, but they decided to show up over a week after I started running regularly again. WebMD says that they can be caused by muscle weakness, flat feet or over pronation, or hairline fractures on you shins. I'm fairly certain that mine are caused by feet, which are just like my dad's. WebMD says that to get rid of shin splints you should rest so that they heal, stop exercise as soon as you feel pain, and try other exercise. I don't want to try a different exercise, I like running, and it seems to me that actual athletes who train constantly don't stop as soon as they feel pain. I know it's not a good thing to do, but I was just starting to feel really good running so I don't want to stop now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home